Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ideas for Baby Boy's Nursery

How fun to get the chance to decorate a boy's room now!  It's going to be totally different from decorating for a girl.

This is the same crib we have in white for Bonnie, it's been great.  Inexpensive, sturdy, nice looking.
Graco Sarah Classic 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
Graco Sarah crib in Cinnamon.
Here's my inspiration fabric...

Patty Sloniger - Backyard Baby - Backyard Party in White
Patty Sloniger- Backyard Party in White.


Keep in mind, I may change my mind!  But, for now, I love that there are snakes, snails, ants, beehives, etc.  Boyish, not too babyish and cute!  Oh, and the walls are already painted a soft grey.

I really want to use navy blue.  These curtains are from Pottery Barn Kids but I think I can get navy panels at Target for MUCH cheaper.  (I'm just not sure if they'll be long enough, the new house has tall ceilings.)

Sailcloth Panel, 96", Navy
Pottery Barn Kids Sailcloth Panel in Navy.
I'd love to pair these curtains with darker bamboo blinds like these.
Bamboo Blinds


This is a piece of art I saved a long time ago from Etsy.  It's not available in the shop anymore but I'd love one to hang in his room.  Seems like the kind of art that could grow up with any child.

Single Ram - Original watercolor painting
United Thread- Single Ram.



3 comments:

  1. I love it! Especially the fabric and the art print. I can't wait to see how the ideas come along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I messaged the shop owner to see if she (maybe he?) would drag the art print out of the archives for me. It's actually the first thing I ever "favorited" on etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey, you could paint or draw this art piece yourself. I've seen you do it many times.

    ReplyDelete